Hi I’m Nicola! Born on the beautiful Isle of Wight, and originally trained as a ballet dancer at the Central School of Ballet in London. My interest in massage developed through the self treatment of injuries and muscular aches during my training at ballet school. After setting up my business in 2005, I worked from treatment rooms in the David Lloyd flagship club in Hatfield, Hertfordshire providing Sports Massage treatment to both staff and members.
In 2007, spurred by a number of pregnant friends keen for massage treatment, I trained with Suzanne Yates at ‘Wellmother’ in Bristol to gain her prestigious Post Graduate qualification and the confidence to provide massage during pregnancy and postnatally. And now as they say; I have never looked back! To see more information about Wellmother and the work Suzanne does, click here.
With my background in sports massage, I can provide a unique treatment during your pregnancy combining both a functional massage to treat soft tissue and muscular imbalances, with a relaxing, deeper massage to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting better sleep.
I also have two lovely children of my own. My first, my son, whom was born at home using ‘Hypnobirthing’ in 2009, and my daughter, born in 2012, using ‘Daisy Birthing’. After such amazing experiences birthing my own children, I feel really passionate about promoting the use of relaxation and breathing techniques, confidence boosting affirmations and visualizations. For this reason, training as a Daisy Birthing antenatal educator seemed the perfect fit.
I am a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and registered with the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Understanding Lower Back Pain and Sciatica with Jo Perkins (Osteopath) CPD Day (Nov 2014)
- Daisy Baby Fourth Trimester Educator, Ipswich (February 2014)
- Daisy Birthing Antenatal Educator, Bristol (April 2013)
- Postural Correction, ATP, Hertfordshire (Jan 2010)
- Integrated Myofascial Therapy Level 3, Myofascial Release UK, Regents College London (May 2008)
- Integrated Myofascial Therapy Level 2, Myofascial Release UK, Regents College London (Apr 2008)
- Integrated Myofascial Therapy Level 1, Myofascial Release UK, Regents College London (Feb 2008)
- VCTC Diploma in Indian Head Massage, The Holistic Training Centre, Southampton (Jan 2007)
- APNT Post Graduate Diploma in Pregnancy Massage, Well-Mother, Bristol (Jan 2007)
- ITEC Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Massage, The Beaumont College of Natural medicine, Bournemouth (Feb 2005)
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Holistic Massage, The Beaumont College of Natural Medicine, Bournemouth (Feb 2004)
- Central School of Ballet, London, Graduate 2001