Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- contacting my clients in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have been asked to self-isolate in the past 10 days.
- asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes leaving 30 mins in between every appointment to wash and disinfect any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches, door handles and the stairs bannister. All towels and linens, as usual, will be washed and replaced for every client.
Strict personal hygiene measures will be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising
*Please note, following the Welsh Government’s change to Alert Level 0 on 07/08/2021 – there will be no change to the above measures and I will continue the enhanced cleaning of all therapy equipment and surfaces*
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect our clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Ventilation is still one of the first lines of defence against Covid-19. Throughout your appointment, the window in my treatment room will remain open to allow a good flow of fresh air into the space.
Social Distancing and PPE
*Please note, following the Welsh Government’s move to Alert Level 0 on 07/08/2021 – I will still continue to wear a Type IIR medical fluid resistant face mask as advised by my massage governing body. I will also be asking all clients to continue wearing a face mask*
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because a client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment needs to be cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information…
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time.
48 hours before attending your appointment you will need to fill in a Covid-19 Pre-Screening form. If you have not received it via email – please click here to access it: COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING
When attending for your appointment. I will be asking you to adhere to the following Covid-19 procedures:
1. Please use the hand sanitiser on arrival.
2.. Please wear a face-covering or face-mask when you arrive and for the duration of your appointment.
3. Please only arrive at the time of your appointment and not too early.
4. DO NOT come to your appointment if you have any signs of the COVID-19 virus, including raised temperature or a persistent cough.
5. DO NOT come to your appointment if you have been in close contact or exposed to someone who has Covid-19 within the last 10 days and you have been asked to self-isolate.
6. Do not come to your appointment if you or someone in your household are awaiting Covid-19 test results
7.Please inform me immediately if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms AFTER having been to your appointment.